Academic & Community Service
- Inter-Collegiate Council (ICC) Chair 2016/17 – Organising Inter-college sporting and cultural competitions across the residential colleges of UM
- CTLE Workshop – Teaching with Technology Mini-Talks Spring 2017
- CTLE Workshop for Mobile Technology (2015) – Evolution and Innovation in Teaching and Learning Using MALL.
- CTLE Workshop for Effective Use of UM Moodle (2013) – Course Tools Application and Authoring: Integrating Creative & Interactive teaching Methodologies.
- ELC Workshop Effective Online Tools for Teaching Writing. (2013) – Incorporating Padlet to the Classroom
- ELC Workshop for Effective Use of UM Moodle – Course Tools Application and Authoring: Hot Potatoes. Integrating and embedding multimedia files in HTML for creating interactive Testing Materials. (2011)
- ELC Workshop for Effective Use of UM Moodle – Integrating and embedding multimedia files in HTML for creating interactive e-lessons and pedagogic materials. (2009)
- Adjudicator for the English Prose and Poetry competition – Chinese Educators’ Association of Macau, (2002 – 2018)
- 2017 Annual conference of the Hong Kong Political Science Association (HKPSA), Hong Kong and Globalization, 21 October 2017, Hang Seng Management College
Noronha, M & Chaplin, V, “English as Anomaly: The ‘Unofficial’ Language of Macao S.A.R., China”
- 2016 Politics of Migration and Changing Societies, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Noronha, M & Chaplin V, “Migration and the Macanese Diaspora”
- 2015 Hong Kong International Conference on Social Science (HKICSS 2015)
Noronha, M & Chaplin, V “The Implementation of the Residential College System’s “4-in-1 Model” at the University of Macau: Moon Chun Memorial College, W11
- 2015 English Language Teaching International Conference, ELC, University of Macau.
Chaplin, V. & Noronha, M. “Uninterrupted: Evolution and innovation in teaching and learning using MALL”.
- 2014 English Language Teaching International Conference, ELC, University of Macau
Noronha, M, Chaplin, Wong, M, Ethersole, M. & Ito, S. “Learner Outcomes & Assessment: Paper-based or Technology-Assisted Delivery”
- 2013 International Conference on Social Science and Management (ICSSAM 2013) Bali, Indonesia.
Chaplin, V. Noronha, M & Ito, S: “Nurturing and Managing Creative Capital: Educational Strategy for the Social Sciences”
- 2013 ELC Symposium: The Position of English Language Provision in Hong Kong Tertiary Institutions, City University of Hong Kong.
Ito, S, Chaplin. V & Noronha, M: “E-Teaching and E-Learning: Exposure to New Technologies for Teaching English”
- 2012 International Conference on e-Commerce, e-Administration, e-Society, e-Education, and e-Technology (e-CASE & e-Tech 2012) Hong Kong
Noronha, M. Chaplin, V & Ito, S., “The Application and Effectiveness of an E-Learning Platform for Teaching English to Law-Enforcement Officers in Macau” – 30th March – 1st April, 2012, A Case Study of Language Shift, Changing Learning Preferences and Cultural Orientations in Asia”:
- 2011 – Shanghai International Conference on Social Science, China, August 2011, Chaplin, V. & Noronha, M. “Business Studies Glossaries, Specialized Dictionaries, and Text Corpora: Their Application to the Teaching of Language and Translation for Academic and Professional Purposes.” FIT 6th Asian Translators’ Forum, Macao, November 2010.
- The 2009 International Conference on e-Commerce, e-Administration, e-Society, and e-Education (e-CASE 2009), Singapore, January 2009. Noronha, M., Chaplin, V. & Ito, S., Wong, M., “The Application of Technological Aids in the Language Classroom: Video and the Internet”:
- (IAICS), Conference of the International Association of Intercultural Communication Studies – Ethnic Identity, Hybridity and Intercultural Communication, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, November 2008, “Our Endangered Language: Macanese Creole (Patua)”:
- The 2008 Conference on Language Development, Language Revitalization, and Multilingual Education in Ethnolinguistic Communities, Twin Towers, Bangkok Thailand, Chaplin and Noronha, “Preserving and interpreting intangible cultural heritage in an ethnolinguistic community: The case of Portuguese language, patois and creole in Macau.”:
- 1st HCLS Conference on Becoming a World Language: the growth of Chinese, English and Spanish, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, December 2007. Chaplin, I and Noronha, M. “Traces of Portuguese as a World Language: The Legacy of the Macanese”:
- 1st International Conference on English, Discourse and Intercultural Communication: Chaplin, I and Noronha, M, “Cultural identity and intercultural communication: An interdisciplinary research approach” Macao and Urumqi, Macao, July 2007. ISSN: 2163-7407 (http://al.comm.louisville.edu/iic/?page_id=357).
Noronha, M., & Chaplin, V. S. Ito & M. Wong “The Use of New Media Technological Aids in the Language Classroom: Video and the Internet”: 1st International Conference on English, Discourse and Intercultural Communication, Macau, July 2007. ISSN: 2163-7407 (http://al.comm.louisville.edu/iic/?page_id=357).
- An International Conference ‘Of Asian Origin’: Rethinking Tourism in Contemporary Asia, National University of Singapore, Singapore, September 2006, Chaplin, I and Noronha, M. “Re-indentifying Asian Origins: Connections with the Asian Diaspora through Cultural Tourism”:
- Review and New Perspectives: Selected Papers from the International Conference on E-Education, 2004, Macao, June 2004. Noronha, M. “Does E-Tutoring Prove To Be Effective For Students & Teachers Alike For Tertiary Education In Macau?”
- International Seminar on ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING AND TRANSLATION FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, Macao, May 2002. Noronha, M, Multimedia in English Teaching”